Day in Day out....Oh my, its Saturday, June 04, 2005 already

Nanyang Junior College

Nanyang Junior College......

It is a name that I connect myself to. It is a name that is more than a name, it is a memory, an identity and once a home to me.

The name cannot be changed! There is no major institutional change or historical transformation, I see no reason for the "new" Chung Cheng Junior College (CCJC). **bleah** I split at IT. There are many ways to "reflect" the affiliation between Chung Cheng High(CCH) and Nanyang JC, name change is certainly not the most effectively way. The cultural immersion, the exchanges, the common identity, the heritage.....must the name be changed?

I hail from Nanyang JC, and I want to keep it that way.

I don't want ten years down the road to have the following conversation....

Ignorant Guy: Hey, which JC you come from?

Poor Kenneth: Err, Nanyang JC. The one at Serangoon, Lorong Chuan there. The one with the lion crest, brown uniform?

Ignorant Guy: Hmmm, is it still there?

Poor Kenneth: Its gone liao....(want to continue to explain that NYJC has become CCJC)

Ignorant Guy interupts: Orrrr, chey, no wonder never hear before......ok...the weather is good right?....

***************************************************************************

Who knows what might change later. Our brown uniform? School Crest? School Flag? School Song?

The uniform to be white to reflect the afiliation to CCH....

The new School Crest to also reflect the afiliation to CCH....
NYNEW1

Ok, I have nothing against CCH. I don't even know where it is. I don't really care for the "afiliation", it doesn't concern me. As far as I know, there aren't many CCH people coming to NYJC.....apparently they didn't care either.

IN SHORT, I AM AGAINST THE NAME CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!

MAY THE PETITION BE WITH US, NYJCIANS!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home